Thursday, February 22, 2018

Wine Tasting: Carini Alicante Bouschet


Name:Carini
Varietal: Alicante Bouschet
Region: Lodi, CA (Central Valley)
Country: United States
Year: 2013
Price:$7.95
Wine Notes: "Opaque ruby in color, once in the glass the nose explodes right away. Delightfully intoxicating aromas of black and blue berry fruit leap forward first, followed by notes of cherry hard candy, crushed violets, caramel, allspice, cloves, and cigar box. In your mouth, more persistent and chewy berry fruit: blue and black + lots of sour cherry and tart blackberry."
My Review: The scent of this wine honestly reminded me of sushi and I think its because it smelled like seaweed. The flavor was intense and spicy. I could taste the flavor of black pepper and seaweed. I was not a fan of this wine. I did not try it with food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment