Thursday, February 1, 2018

Wine Tasting: Terre dei Savoia Barbera d'Alba


Name: Terre dei Savoia Barbera d'Alba
Varietal: Barbera
Region: Piedmont
Country: Italy
Year: 2012
Price: $6.95
Wine Notes: "Its aroma is wide and complex: spicy, with green pepper notes, cinnamon and vanilla, pleasant and characteristic; at the same time it is also fruity, with cherry, blackberry, strawberry and red fruits jam in general notes. In mouth it reveals its full-boded taste, with the right amount of acidity, and with a persistent and pleasant finish."
My Review: This wine had a strong cherry smell. When I tasted it I could clearly taste the tannins and it left my mouth dry. Along with a cherry taste this wine also had an oaky flavor to it. I did not have food when I tasted this wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment